Thursday, June 05, 2008

Stress

I've been thinking.

Allowing myself to get stressed out is pretty much the single worst thing I can do to myself. I have developed horrible coping mechanisms for dealing with stress. As I'm sure all of my readers know, when I am stressed I self medicate with the most powerful drug on the planet - candy, the sugaryier, the better. It doesn't really make me feel any better, but I do it anyway.

Strangely enough, the most powerful "self medication" I have discovered to relieve stress is physical exercise, which sounds kind of lame, but it is true. Unfortunately, I only really run and/or work out when I'm already in a good mood, giving my life a sort of bipolar flavor, going through times where I feel great and times where I feel terrible.

Anyway, this summer is going great. I'm a little sore today from tennis and I think I'm going to go running after work. Things are looking good.

No comments: